We are hiring!! Join the WOW Team!
We are looking for two enthusiastic Event Assistants to join our team!
You will have a passion for weddings, keen sense of detail, and lots of energy!
There is a lot of thought, sweat, effort and detail that goes into every wedding we plan. And our mission is to help create the Best Celebration of Love possible!!! We take a lot of pride in consistently delivering a professionally executed, well managed wedding day.
We provide a Lead Coordinator and at least one Event Assistant at each of our events. An Event Assistant is there to provide support to the Lead Coordinator, in helping with assigned tasks, but also needing to know when to anticipate tasks ahead of time. Tasks are extremely varied and depend on the particulars of each event. This is a part-time contract position: Your day can be anywhere from 6 – 12 hours long and often can be late into the night. You can expect to be scheduled for up 15 weddings, and will be given the dates in advance. Compensation is $15/hour.
This is a very exciting time for our clients but do not underestimate the work that goes into each event.Â Your day could be busy with lots of work on your feet, lots of walking and lifting; often outside in the Okanagan heat, and under pressure of time and detail. This is a great opportunity to learn the in’s & out’s of event planning!
Summary of Responsibilities
- Unloading and placing decor, chairs, etc.
- Assisting with set up & tear down of items such as linens, charger plates, escort cards, favours, candles, etc.
- Assist Coordinator/ bridal party with ceremony timing
- Assisting guests, vendors or VIP’s with any questions or assistance they require
- Packing and organizing remaining decor items at the end of night
Experience in events is a plus, though not a requirement.
Previous experience in hospitality and customer service is required.
- You are professional, in appearance and demeanour
- You are energetic, and very personable
- You are meticulously organized and attentive to detail
- You are capable at multi-tasking and work well under pressure
- You remain calm and think clearly through problem solving
- Must have reliable access to a vehicle and valid BC drivers license
- Must have access to a computer, email and cell phone
To apply, please senda cover letter, resume, and weekend availability (May – Oct)
via email to Shawna at email@example.com
Job Closing: April 4, 2016 (This position has been filled.)